Position: Sonoma (SBDC) Small Business Development Center Program Coordinator – Bilingual English/Spanish
Location: 50 Old Courthouse Square #110, Santa Rosa
Reports To: Director, Sonoma SBDC
Salary: $58,500.00 + Benefits Non-Exempt
General Information: The Sonoma SBDC is a newly formed center, located in the building of its new host, the Santa Rosa Metro Chamber. The SBDC serves the business community in Sonoma County with non-credit education and one on one business advising. Funding for this program comes from the Small Business Administration (SBA), the Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GO-Biz) and the host, the Santa Rosa Metro Chamber. While the position is assigned to the Sonoma SBDC, the successful candidate will be an employee of the Santa Rosa Metro Chamber.
The Sonoma SBDC Program Coordinator is a newly created full-time, non-exempt position with benefits. The schedule is 37.50 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with varied schedules and occasional evening hours. While continuation of this position is foreseen for years to come, all SBDC positions are contingent on continued federal and state funding. This is not a state or federal position.
Position Summary: The overall role of the Program Coordinator is to proactively support the efforts of the Small Business Development Center in achieving economic impact. Under the supervision of the Center Director, the Program Coordinator will manage the administrative and day to day activities of the program, while providing support to the director, clients, advisors and stakeholders.
The Program Coordinator will use exceptional customer service experience to direct the onboarding of new SBDC clients by phone, email and zoom; assess their level of readiness along with their needs and coordinate resources available to them to help them reach their goal of starting or growing a small business. The Program Coordinator will use our CRM, Neoserra to track client progress and update the system with economic impact.
The Program Coordinator will use digital and computer applications to plan, manage, implement and reconcile online and in-person webinars. Additionally, this position will support marketing and outreach. Some public speaking and occasional travel will be necessary. A valid California Driver’s License will be required.
To manage all online and in-person educational trainings
- Work with center director and team of advisors to schedule and calendar training
- Create and manage marketing materials and assist with promotion of training
- Coordinate and manage online and in-person training preparation, training execution and reconciliation.
To provide support in scheduling one on one advising
- Work with advisors to schedule one on one advising sessions
- Work with advisors and director to schedule all team meetings and events
- Assist with additional required trainings for advisors
Provide program support:
- Scheduling meetings and events
- Answering the phone and returning messages, managing email
- Assisting with monthly advisor invoicing
- Organizing and scheduling new and existing programming
- Conduct periodic client surveys to assure a consistent level of client advising
- Creating and maintaining client files
- Reconciliation of training events and reporting
- Research data for reporting and economic impact
- Implementing improved organizational systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish, written and oral, one on one and in larger groups
- Professional organizational skills
- Experience working with a CRM system
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Calendly, Zoom, Constant Contact
- Experience with LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
- Some experience in project management
- Experience and passion for marketing
- Ability to learn and pivot during changing scenarios and to adapt quickly and effectively to implement new systems
The physical requirements of the job are for employees, to talk, hear, bend/stoop, sitting, and/or standing for up to 8 hours per day. Furthermore, the job requires employees to lift/carry/push or pull up to 25 pounds with or without assistance.
- An excellent command of the English and Spanish languages both verbally and written/grammatically
- AA degree or higher at an accredited college or university
- At least two years of experience working in the hospitality industry with a core value of service
- At least two years of experience working in office/admin capacity and understanding office systems and technology
Please send resume and cover letter to Louise Dawson: email@example.com with the title Program Rockstar in the Subject Box. Applications will be reviewed as received. The position will be open until filled.